Millions of people are trying to get out of the web of alcoholism and beat it. After all, this disease is serious and terrible. It takes away health, leads to degradation and destroys the family.
How to stop drinking alcohol on your own? Is it possible or does it need serious help to get rid of a bad habit?
The face of the green snake
The daily habit of taking a glass of mood after a hard day to get rid of fatigue becomes stable and grows into a destructive passion. The person stops coping with himself: he allegedly does not want to drink, but drinks for self-confidence. Alcohol gradually acquires the status of the main product in the human body, it becomes an important distributor of energy. And at this stage it is very difficult to stop drinking alone. It can be cured if a number of conditions are met.
- Alcohol dependence appears (it is easier to get rid of it early).
- It develops primarily in the brain's parent structures and affects the entire NS, the treatment affects the organs and systems.
- The disease takes over metabolic processes.
- The liver begins to produce an excessive number of enzymes that break down alcohol.
Important to know!If the liver is normal, it is capable of producing internal alcohol on its own. It is he who acts on the receptors that mood hormones synthesize. With constant drinking, internal alcohol is not produced in sufficient quantities, and then this process completely disappears.
There is a complete dependence on the glass and it becomes difficult to stop drinking on your own, because trying to dive into a sober life and deal with overexertion is currently causing boredom. Depression comes and the patient looks at the glass again. If the enzymes to break down alcohol in the body are not produced and do not come from outside, the brain goes to the call that it is necessary to drink! Therefore, one cannot stop drinking alone for purely physiological reasons.
Social promiscuity or disease?
At some point, a person begins to lose the ability to socialize.
Most people see debauched behavior in alcoholism. It's not right. The nature of alcoholism is a real disaster, which is difficult to get rid of and stop drinking alone. What are the symptoms of alcoholism? Alcoholism, as well as chronic disease, are characterized by stages of deterioration, which are replaced by remission. Criteria for formed dependence:
- Pathological desire for alcohol.
- Need to take extra alcohol (get drunk).
- The belief that you should drink a little in the morning to feel good and hard to get rid of these thoughts.
Alcoholics eat little and refuse food on days of drinking. They have enough energy from alcohol. However, the body is poor in protein and fat, trace elements and vitamins. This causes violations of almost all systems and organs, which are very difficult to heal, so it is difficult to help yourself.
Therapeutic dose and when does withdrawal occur?
Doctors consider drunkenness vital. Lack of other means to alleviate metabolic disorders, remove toxins, makes you use a little alcohol. Otherwise, the person may be on edge.
The most common alcoholic disease - cirrhosis of the liver - can be fatal.
In the last phase of alcoholism, liver functions are disturbed, cirrhosis develops, the pancreas and heart muscle suffer. It is impossible to cure them and restore their functions. Severe intoxication leads to mental disorders (delirium tremens, deceptive perception and hallucinations). Stopping drinking on your own is out of the question.
Constantly receiving large amounts of ethanol from the outside, the body is forced to restore metabolism to alcohol on its own. As soon as the alcohol stops flowing and the person stops drinking, the metabolism begins to normalize. It happens slowly, little by little, but extremely painfully. Physical and mental suffering is expressed. Few people tolerate such a condition. To get rid of the agony, it is much easier for an alcoholic to infuse a second dose.
The mechanism of alcohol dependence is similar to drug addiction. The thirst for intoxication generates a craving for tomorrow's dose, and when it is canceled, an unpleasant state begins - withdrawal. This can be cured by the independent desire to stop drinking.
How to overcome addiction?
In the next stages, any treatment is built. These are the prerequisites for a successful healing process to get rid of alcoholism.
It is very important that family and friends support the alcoholic in his quest to stop drinking.
There are reliable and proven ways to stop drinking:
- An alcoholic must admit the problem himself.
- An addicted person should get rid of harmful drinking.
- The community of the patient and his family is very important.
You can now cure the disease and stop drinking with the help of medication. There are many special pharmaceutical products - receptor blockers. The person drinks alcohol after taking it, but the state of joy and bliss does not come. He got sick, so the meaning of drinking was lost. To defeat the green snake, you must fight not only on your own, the treatment also includes antidepressants and sedatives, and in case of an acute manifestation of aggression, antipsychotics are also indicated. A serious shortcoming of drug therapy is the symptomatic effect of drugs and the negative side effects of their use.
There are also different types of coding to get rid of alcohol dependence. This protection against alcoholism is created artificially, that is, bodily processes are attacked from within.
I solved the problem myself!
It is very important to normalize your diet and completely change your lifestyle. Exercise and walking should be included in your daily routine.
This thesis is often discussed by narcologists. And the answer is simple: an alcoholic can get rid of the problem on his own and stop drinking. Just don’t let readers get the false impression that it’s easy to dismiss the burden of drunkenness.
Self-medication is associated with an acute and painful physical condition (high blood pressure, heart and stomach pain). Depression can be excruciating. Therefore, not everyone can stop drinking alcohol alone.
Remember!A sober life means a complete rejection of any alcohol, but also non-alcoholic. Its smell and taste, the sight of the bottle excites, the person may even feel a slight imaginary intoxication, and this brings the malfunction closer and becomes more difficult to cure the disease. It is worth clarifying that self-medication is not opposed to drugs. On the contrary, it is necessary when contacting a narcologist.
There are practical tips from real people, and the foundation is seeing and understanding the real enemy. She hates him and loves herself. Draw a mental picture of your actual achievements before the illness.
How to stop drinking on your own and win:
- It is important to cleanse the blood and the whole body of "green" toxins (ethanol and its metabolites) at home. The body will, of course, remove them on its own, but it will take time. Help him recover, there are many ways. It is good to use oatmeal soup (3-5 cups). Before that, make at least 2 enemas a day.
- They ruthlessly destroy any physical reminders and alcohol traps (glasses, cans, empty bottles, beer and wine boxes). Rinse all household utensils containing chlorine preparations thoroughly. It is not difficult to do it at home.
- Breaking up with any drinking companions is a way to stop drinking on your own.
- Don't smell alcohol, don't smoke, it weakens the treatment.
- Don't go to liquor stores.
- Strictly follow the laws of dietary nutrition, do not overload the liver and digestive tract.
- Find your favorite and interesting activity (sports, swimming, skiing and cycling).
- Find like-minded people! Alcoholics Anonymous can be used.
- Understand that you have to adapt, be patient. Use constant self-hypnosis techniques at home. Reject alcohol temptations with all your might.
When the desire returns and overwhelms the patient:
- Breathing exercises help well (oxygen will enter the brain and dampen the severity of alcohol cravings).
- Fight the disease every day, don't miss the opportunity to be cured.
- You need to implant to have a powerful inner core, it will keep all drinking attempts and the treatment will be successful. This will help you stop drinking alcohol on your own!
Don't jump into a healthy life, but gradually but steadily. This will make the treatment more productive and it will be possible to stop drinking at home completely. Frequent visits to the swimming pool with sauna will not hurt. After bathing it is good to drink some tea, preferably with honey!
Remember!It is best to stop drinking at home, and other methods are an aid.
Don't make these rules seem simple and accessible at home. You will have to sweat, but such treatment will certainly give results in five to six months. Trust will not come a year ago! The craving for alcohol will disappear, and giving up alcohol will become a reality.