Beer is one of the most popular drinks in the world. Due to the small proportion of alcohol, it is considered harmless and is drunk without restrictions, which leads to the creation of a bad habit that imperceptibly turns into a disease - beer alcoholism.
Over time, most hop growers still understand the problem and then the question arises how to get rid of beer addiction. To solve it, it is best to act in several directions at once.
Given that low-alcohol drinking cannot be addictive and lead to serious addiction, many are taking the first step toward chronic beer alcoholism. One or two glasses several times a week are gradually converted into one or two or more liters, which are consumed regularly. And now it becomes absolutely normal to drink beer every night.
But even in this situation, not everyone is able to acknowledge the existence of the problem. To alleviate fatigue after work, cheer yourself up, make watching a movie more interesting - people come up with hundreds of excuses, denying the fact that beer addiction has long beaten and conquered them. In addition, most beer lovers for now believe that they can easily stop drinking as soon as they want, not realizing that control over the situation has long been lost.
Therefore, the first step towards recovery should be the realization that the craving for drink has become uncontrollable. Acknowledging to himself that the problem exists, the person is set to stop drinking beer every day as soon as possible.
How to get rid of beer addiction?
For those who are thinking about how to wean a loved one or themselves from drinking beer on a daily basis, many methods have been developed. If the bad habit has not yet passed into the last stage of beer alcoholism, you can try to cope on your own, otherwise you will need the help of experts.
First of all, you need to determine the reasons for craving for beer and then try to eliminate them. You should not be afraid of a sober life, it is enough to remember how you lived before the frothy drink became a constant companion. Finally, even then, there were friends, interests, positive emotions, which means that it can all come back without alcohol.
And it is very important to prepare for work. The desire to stop drinking is not enough, you will need a lot of effort to achieve the result.
It is very important to get rid of addiction on a psychological level. It is best to seek help from a qualified therapist, but there are some steps you can take yourself.
It will be much easier to get rid of cravings for beer if you think about how you can relax and enjoy. There are many options, for example, chatting with a pet, massage, yoga, dancing. The new hobby will fill the void left by abandoning beer feasts.
Changing the environment will help you forget about addiction. It is worth getting rid of anything reminiscent of the old way of life. You can go further and make a remodel or renovation. If you have a tradition of drinking beer with your colleagues, consider changing jobs.
It is harder for women to stop drinking beer every day, because due to their psychological characteristics, they quickly develop a strong addiction. And ladies don’t need company so much and often drink alone, so for a long time no one will know about their addiction. To get rid of the habit of drinking beer, a woman must become more socially active, communicate with those who lead a healthy lifestyle.
Reduce beer consumption
Not everyone has enough inner strength to give up beer at one point right after making a decision to stop a bad habit. In order for the refusal of alcoholic beverages not to be accompanied by constant stress, you must act consistently.
If there is a certain tradition, for example, drinking beer in the evening after work, you should not leave it immediately. To begin with, it is enough to gradually reduce the dose. "Drink less" does not sound as frightening as "stop completely", so the brain does not strongly resist such an attitude, and the amount of drinking will constantly decrease.
Gradually, the desire for beer will become weaker and then it will be possible to completely give up drinking.
Physical Addiction Treatment
It happens that a person cannot get rid of the habit of drinking beer with all his strength. Either it is constantly deteriorating, or the refusal of alcohol is accompanied by symptoms of true withdrawal - trembling limbs, migraines, muscle pain, arrhythmias, high blood pressure.
In such cases, you should seek professional help. After examination and conversation with the patient, the doctor will give advice on how to get rid of beer addiction. The following methods are used:
- Detox dropper.Special medications that help remove toxins, as well as beneficial substances and vitamins, enter the bloodstream to improve your well-being.
- Encoding.Using an ampoule sutured under the skin, by intravenous or intramuscular injection, the patient is injected with a substance that slows down the processing of ethanol. So, when even a small amount of alcohol enters the body, the symptoms of severe intoxication appear immediately.
- Antidepressants.The doctor prescribes sedatives so that the refusal of beer passes without negative consequences not only on the human body, but also on his psyche. It will help reduce irritability and aggression, improve sleep and prevent the development of depression.
Treatment of alcohol dependence can be carried out only with the consent of the patient, having previously explained the therapy regimen and warned him of the possible consequences.
Replacing beer with other products
There are many drinks that can replace beer:
- yeast is an excellent alternative to beer because of its similar taste and consistency;
- freshly squeezed juices;
- freshly brewed natural coffee, cocoa, hot chocolate;
- shake green tea;
- mineral water with lemon juice.
If you drink a smoothie made of berries or vegetables instead of beer, you can not only get rid of bad habits, but also improve your well-being and remove your beer belly.
Another substitute for beer in the evening is dried fruit or nuts. The main thing you need to remember is that these foods are high in calories, so you need to follow the measure.
Finding a new hobby
Many people drink beer simply because they have a lot of free time and nothing to do. The situation is easy to change if you find something to do. Running or walking before bed, going to the gym, cycling or skiing, rollerblading or skating are great alternatives to beer.
There are also many interesting things for sofa potatoes, for example, wood carving or collecting puzzles. And one can remember a childhood hobby and take pencils or paints. Anyway, if your hobby is to your liking, it will very quickly replace the thoughts of alcohol from your head.
Treatment with folk remedies
Both modern and tried folk remedies will help you stop drinking beer on your own.
- herbal decoctions with the addition of violet, European crack, bearberry, St. John's wort;
- tinctures on thyme, bitter wormwood, centaurs (prevent the absorption of alcohol, creating a coding effect);
- teas with thyme, mint, calamus root, juniper berries.
Bee products like propolis and honey are believed to reduce cravings for alcohol.
Getting out of drunkenness at home
Most often, an uncontrollable craving for a frothy drink leads to a person drinking every day, that is, going to a beer party. Getting rid of beer addiction at home is possible if you follow the plan:
- The most important thing is a person's desire to stop drinking. Without this, no measures will help.
- It is necessary to gradually reduce the amount of beer - drink half as much each day as before. In no case should you suddenly stop drinking alcohol, it is very dangerous to health. The body, accustomed to a constant intake of alcohol, suddenly deprived of the usual dose, may react with a sudden deterioration in well-being.
- The longer the breaks between drinks, the better. It is necessary to show endurance and not to drink the whole daily dose at once, but to divide it into parts and use it at intervals of 2-3 hours. During the day, you must drink plenty of clean water to which you can add lemon juice and a little honey. The liquid will partially help quench the thirst for beer, but most importantly it will help cleanse the body, flush out toxins and alcohol residues.
- It is recommended to change the environment at least briefly.
- Gentle mode. At this point, the body is very heavy, so you should not burden it with excessive physical or even mental activity. Light movies, reading, short walks - that's what you should limit yourself to a few days.
- Body support. Given that the body has been exposed to the negative effects of alcohol for a long time, it must now recover. Vitamins and other useful substances can help you with that. So, as soon as it gets a little better, you have to add various "healthy" foods to the menu - vegetables, fruits, herbs, nuts, etc.
- Sedatives will help you deal with recurrent irritability and normalize sleep. It is good to make mint, valerian or lemon balm tea.
These recommendations will greatly facilitate the process of getting out of intoxication and tackling beer addiction.
Prevention of beer alcoholism
Instead of thinking about how to get rid of beer addiction, it is better to know how to prevent it. This is very important if the person has already fallen into an alcohol trap once or, for example, if there are children in the family who have reached adolescence.
Reliable and detailed information on the harm that beer alcoholism can cause to the body is the best preventive measure. In addition, it must be understood that not only health will suffer, but also relationships with loved ones. Promoting a healthy lifestyle, setting the right priorities will also help avoid problems.
A person who has given up beer once will find it easier to forget a bad habit if he avoids previous companies where he drank alcohol.
Stopping drinking beer, especially if drunk almost every day, is not as easy as it seems. But if you understand the problem, make a decision and follow the planned plan, a positive result will not wait long. The main thing is to believe in yourself, not to retreat and learn to look at seemingly familiar things differently.