Probably all people know that alcohol consumption can develop into a permanent addiction. Despite that, people who have managed to completely give up alcohol, get rid of habits at home, can be counted on one hand. The issue is not just a weak will, in many aspects alcohol tolerance develops thanks to the opinion of others and established traditions. Data on alcohol consumption are frightening: eighteen liters of pure alcohol per person is consumed annually. While in the twentieth century it was no more than 1 liter per person. It’s no longer just about addiction. The question of how to get rid of alcohol addiction is very acute.
Without asking global questions, we can consider the impact of alcohol on a single family. If the husband prefers to drink, then the children wear rags, and the wife looks older than her years. Scandals are common in such families. It’s easier to turn down a drinking family member, get rid of the neighborhood than cure him. The question is how to get rid of alcohol addiction and are there ways to help an alcoholic forget about addiction forever and give up alcohol, help him overcome addiction at home on his own? There are ways, not even one.
How to get rid of alcoholism yourself
The problem is that not everyone is strong enough to forbid themselves to give up their addiction once and for all. If the question “How to stop drinking alcohol on your own? ” Has arisen, it means that the person is not hopeless and you just need to help him find the right approach. First of all, you need to get rid of the society in which they often drink alcohol. If necessary, you can even move to another city and start a new life without alcohol.
Another step to help you stop drinking at home is to find people who have successfully dealt with alcohol addiction. It is necessary to communicate as much as possible with acquaintances who do not experience discomfort due to not drinking alcohol. They gave up alcohol forever and since then their lives have only improved. This type of therapy should help the alcoholic to quit the addiction and eliminate the consequences of drinking.
Free time should be filled with some hobby. It can be aquarium fish farming, archery, skydiving or any other hobby, the main thing is that the activity should be enjoyable. Instead of the old addiction, a new attachment should be created in the person, which gives true joy, helps to solve thoughts about alcohol.
Consequences of drinking
- Medical. Defeat of internal organs of varying severity: liver suffers, central nervous system. There is an increased risk of developing cardiovascular diseases, tuberculosis and lung cancer, chronic bronchitis and other serious consequences for the body. The risk of giving birth to damaged offspring also increases.
- Social. Increased crime, disability, mortality, increased injury rates.
- Socio-economic. Decreased labor productivity.
If you suddenly stop drinking
There is a fairly widespread opinion that if an alcoholic suddenly stops drinking alcohol, the consequences for health and the body can be very sad, including death. This is far from a myth, because such data are confirmed by medical workers. It is especially dangerous to abruptly stop drinking alcohol while intoxicated. If the alcoholic's access to alcohol is completely cut off, then serious complications should be expected.
Consequences of abrupt avoidance of alcoholic beverages:
- high blood pressure;
- excessive stress on the heart;
- dilation of coronary arteries;
- arrhythmia, heart attack, stroke;
- alcoholic delirium;
- internal bleeding and so on.
If you do not help to consume alcohol immediately, the person may even die. To avoid the terrible consequences for health and life, it is worth removing the body from the state of heavy drinking, not abruptly, but gradually, reducing the dose of alcohol to zero.
Ways to stop drinking at home
Treatment comes down to two types: medicinal and the method of folk recipes. The first and second methods should be discussed with a narcologist. The specialist will give effective advice, taking into account the condition of the patient's body.
Thus, resolving the addiction will not have negative consequences for the patient’s liver, kidneys and heart.
Folk recipes to help you stop drinking forever
- Decoction of St. John's wort.Pour 4 tablespoons of chopped St. John's wort with 500 ml of boiling water. Heat the mixture for no more than 30 minutes in a water bath. Drink the infusion 2 times a day for 2 weeks. The patient should develop an aversion to alcohol and stop drinking.
- Bear soup.Pour 2 tablespoons of bearberry leaves with a glass of water and cook for 15 minutes. Drink a tablespoon of broth 6 times a day, it should help in quitting addiction.
- Oatmeal soup with marigold.Pour the oats into a small pot, about the middle of the pan. Add water and cook on low heat for half an hour, drain. Pour 100 grams of marigold flowers into the soup, insist on warm for 12 hours. Filter, drink a glass 3 times a day. At the end of treatment, the patient should stop drinking alcohol.
- Laurel root and violet are needed. It is necessary to pour the crushed roots with a glass of vodka, leave for 2 weeks. The resulting mixture should be given to an alcoholic to drink, it causes severe vomiting and aversion to alcohol.
- Pour a glass of boiling water over the crushed hoof leaves, leave for 2 weeks in a dark place. Approximately 100 ml of tincture is mixed with the same amount of vodka and given to the patient in the morning and during lunch. In the evening they give them regular vodka to drink. The drug should cause severe vomiting, as a result, the alcoholic will stop drinking.
- Mix a tablespoon of thyme, wormwood and centaur and pour a glass of boiling water. Insist 2 hours in a warm place, covered with a blanket. Strain the solution and give to an alcoholic 4 times a day for two months per tablespoon.
- Grind 20 g of yarrow, wormwood and mint. Add chopped juniper berries, marsh calamus, angelica root (10 g each). Pour a spoonful of the composition over a glass of boiling water. Insist and give a drink.
- Take 20 grams of St. John's wort, yarrow, bitter wormwood. Take 10 grams of cumin and angelica, add 15 grams of mint and 5 grams of juniper. Grind everything. Pour a tablespoon of the mixture into a glass of boiling water and drink.
Teas allow you to independently remove alcohol residues from the body and improve your well-being, you need to drink them as much as possible. If you use several methods in combination, you can help a person and achieve good results in overcoming addiction at home. You can beat the habit at home on your own, to get rid of the problem completely! The patient's desire to stop drinking alcohol gives a lasting result, it allows him to overcome the desire for alcohol forever.